Introduction to Information Measurement Theory : B+ Certification
This course will introduce the Information Measurement Theory (IMT). IMT is the simplification and use of information to reduce risk and predict future conditions. It is intended as education to prepare professionals looking to take the Best Value “B+” Certification (BVC). The B+ BVC rating would certify that an individual has practical understanding of the IMT concepts and passed the IMT examination.
To sign-up for this course, contact Alfredo Rivera at AlfredoORivera@asu.edu
This training course is designed for corporate and public leaders working in the areas of Procurement, Contracts, Project Design and Management, IT, Facilities Management, Business Services, and Commodity Vending. After taking this training course, the participants will better understand the following:
- Differentiation between relaying on observation and the blind acceptance of norms
- Identification of reality and how to predict it
- Simplifying rather than complicating
- Focus on the whole picture rather than the details
- Classification and understanding of individuals
- Identification of the control everyone has over their own life
- Identification and utilization of dominant information
- Distinguish the differences of accountability and influence
- The role of minimum standards in contracts
- If you are vendor/professional: How to better differentiate yourself from your competition and how to help your clients become better clients to work with
PDH and CEU are available upon request
- 15 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) available
- 1 Certified Educational Units (CEUs) available
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is there course material/books required? No, there are no course materials required for this course. However, there are available materials for purchase that are highly recommended for all project management related questions.
- What will I learn? A practical understanding of Information Measurement Theory (IMT) concepts.
- Is ASU selling something, like a software package? No, we are educators and researchers. We provide the results of our research through educational forums throughout the world. We provide training and hands-on guidance for the implementation of our business process and its tools, methods, and structure.
- What do I do if I want more information or training? Our team is available for private educational opportunities. We also offer our resources for those organizations that wish to become strategic partners and fully implement the ASU Best Value Organizational and Project Model. Please check out our professional resources located at pbsrg.asu.edu and ksmleadership.com.
- If I am interested in more information after the course, what do I do? Go to pbsrg.asu.edu for additional information on past and current research and email our administrator Sylvia Romero at Sylvia.Romero@asu.edu.
- Prerequisites? NONE.
- Other Courses of Interest: Visit this link for a list of other courses offered.